New Guy from California

Posted by: Fatguy66

New Guy from California - 01/06/13 07:14 PM

Just wanted to say hi and i'm looking forward to using this fourm. thanks
Posted by: balzaccom

Re: New Guy from California - 01/06/13 09:34 PM

welcome! Nice to meet you---and we hope you'll share some of your adventures in California.

What part? If you poke around our website, you'll find a lot that seems familiar...

Posted by: rockchucker22

Re: New Guy from California - 01/06/13 10:25 PM

Welcome, there is a few Ca here!
Posted by: TomD

Re: New Guy from California - 01/06/13 10:47 PM

Ahem, Ca is Canada, CA is California; NorCal is Northern California and SoCal is Southern California; furthermore, La is Louisiana and LA is the center of the universe (just ask anyone who lives here). smirk

fyi, Gilroy is the garlic capital of the world.
Posted by: oldranger

Re: New Guy from California - 01/07/13 09:12 AM

I thought the center of the universe was a black hole. well, I guess that fits...Actually, Arizona is the chosen country - I am a closer AZer living now in SoCal ( and actually enjoying it - it's all good country)

Re: New Guy from California - 01/07/13 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By TomD
Ahem, Ca is Canada, CA is California; NorCal is Northern California and SoCal is Southern California; furthermore, La is Louisiana and LA is the center of the universe (just ask anyone who lives here). smirk

Oops my apologies! Gilroy is a great place, but I must warn do NOT eat a jar of pickled garlic, then sleep in a poorly ventilated tent.

Re: New Guy from California - 01/08/13 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By rockchucker22

Oops my apologies! Gilroy is a great place, but I must warn do NOT eat a jar of pickled garlic, then sleep in a poorly ventilated tent.

No worries, I'm just having some fun with ya. Hmm, have you ever tried that garlic ice cream I've heard about? Can't imagine it myself.

Re: New Guy from California - 01/08/13 08:43 AM

Originally Posted By rockchucker22

No worries, I'm just having some fun with ya. Hmm, have you ever tried that garlic ice cream I've heard about? Can't imagine it myself.
Not ice cream, pickled !

Re: New Guy from California - 01/09/13 02:08 AM

Oh yeah, they have the ice cream too. I think the late great Huell Howser did a show on the Garlic Festival. RIP, Huell.
Posted by: finallyME

Re: New Guy from California - 01/11/13 10:19 AM

When I was younger, I lived in Anaheim, and then Stanton. Then we moved to Texas, and then Washington. California has great beaches and great mountains.
Posted by: squark

Re: New Guy from California - 01/15/13 06:25 PM

Hi from not too far away!

I've tried the garlic ice cream - not bad, actually.
Posted by: Grt_Ape

Re: New Guy from California - 02/13/13 12:31 PM

Welcome.

I used to love going annually to the Garlic Festival when I worked in Los Banos.

At home we can go through 4-6 bulbs (not cloves) to make a pasta, bread, and salad dinner. Garlic bread here is typically toasted sour dough rubbed with raw garlic and then buttered. But even I draw the line at garlic ice cream (BTDT - blech sick)