9 Month Adventure.

Posted by: Lloyder12x

9 Month Adventure. - 08/13/09 02:16 PM

Hello everyone, i am an 18(in 2 days)year old from Wickenburg Arizona. I was recently accepted to attend a nine month missions trip in Engavågen Norway which begins the 4th of September. Although the main focus of the school is not backpacking, there will be a whole bunch of outdoor activities we will be participating in. I/E Backpacking, Cross Country skiing, Snowboarding, Glacier Hiking, and exploring the beautiful countryside.

With that in mind i had a pretty specific gear list that im looking for. So far i have gotten a nice pair of La Sportiva FC 3.0 GTX, and the Osprey Aether 85 backpack. Now i have spent the last two days looking for nice set of soft shell and hard shell layers. I have gotten a lot of information on different brands and such. I really like the Arc'teryx shells. But they are very expensive, i am willing to spend the money in order to stay warm and dry... But also have to limit myself especially with everything else il be buying for the trip. I have also looked at Moutain Hardware, specifically the Exposure II Parka, as well as the North Face Realization outershell (Gore-Tex, not the HiVent).

Anyway if anyone would be able to recommend me to a nice set of Softshell and Hardshell, jacket and pant combination. That would be great! We will be there throughout the winter, at the far north end of Norway, situated by the coast, to give you an idea of the weather. I am not looking to spend over 800$ USD so that is close to what budget im looking for. So any information on brands/models and such would be awsome!

Thanks!

Posted by: ringtail

Re: 9 Month Adventure. - 08/13/09 03:57 PM

Integral Designs

http://www.integraldesigns.com/product.c...producttypeid=1

I layer rather than use softshells so no hlep from me.