Im New to some of these things

Posted by: Greg

Im New to some of these things - 07/26/09 12:24 PM

Hey whats up everyone? I am new to the forums and new to many of the things that cover Backpacking. I have been hiking a few times and really enjoy it. I grew up in the outdoor such as camping and fishing. I am planning a 44 mile hike next year in Montana, and have started my training process for it. Just want to make sure I dont break down on the first day.

If you have any info on what I can do to get ready, such as: training, gear, food, any ideas will help. Thanks for the help.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Im New to some of these things - 07/26/09 02:06 PM

Have you read the articles on the home page of this site, listed in the left-hand column? That's a good place to start! To get there, go to the bottom of the left-hand column of this page and click on "TLB Home."
Posted by: Greg

Re: Im New to some of these things - 07/28/09 02:45 PM

Thnks for the help. Im still trying to get use to using this site. It is just a little overwhelming when you first get on here.
Posted by: Trailrunner

Re: Im New to some of these things - 07/28/09 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By Greg
If you have any info on what I can do to get ready, such as: training, gear, food, any ideas will help. Thanks for the help.

That's a very general question and there is very little information about you. Hence it's hard to answer in a way that will give you maximum benefit. I could say "work out more" or "buy lighter gear" but you already know that.

Browse the forum, get some more backpacking experience, and I'm sure you'll have tons of more specific questions.