Merry Christmas!

Posted by: OregonMouse

Merry Christmas! - 12/23/14 07:57 PM

Just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas (if you're not into Christmas, please substitute holiday of your choice) and a Happy New Year!
Posted by: Gershon

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/23/14 09:52 PM

I'm Jewish, but we celebrate Christmas Eve by eating Shepherd's pie.

The holidays are fun this year.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/14 03:34 AM

Am I right that today (12/24) is the last day of Hannukah (did I spell that right?) this year? I hope it was a happy one for you! My neighbors across the street lit their menorah (electric frown ) the first day, but they haven't turned it on since.

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/14 04:52 AM

It is the last day of Hanukkah. This year, the time was especially meaningful for us. Thanks for asking.

I enjoy watching others enjoy their festivals.

Posted by: Pika

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/14 07:23 AM

Merry Christmas to all from SE Arizona. We will be lighting the luminaria tonight.
Posted by: Dryer

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/14 09:39 AM

And to all y'all too, from us in Texas! grin
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/14 10:57 AM

The same to you, and to all who post here. I hope Santa brings you all the ultralight toys you can carry, and that you get the chance to carry them early and often in the New Year. And to all a good night!
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/14 11:14 AM

I'm sending Merry Christmas wishes to you all too!!

Looks like it will be sunny and warm here tomorrow!! That's good too because we've had a long string of cold gray clamminess here...
Posted by: PerryMK

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/14 02:42 PM

Merry Christmas

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/14 04:56 PM

How many people are going hiking on Christmas?
Posted by: aimless

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/14 05:06 PM

We host a gathering of extended family on Christmas Day each year at our house, so a hike is out of the question, but the weather forecast here is for a nice day, so if it were possible a hike would be a wonderful alternative to our traditional family gathering.

Whatever you do to celebrate, I hope all of you have fun!
Posted by: PerryMK

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/14 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By Gershon
How many people are going hiking on Christmas?

Ember and I had a particular loop I called our Christmas Day hike. We must have hiked it more than 10 years in a row. Now I usually go other places. Because of the extensive rain all over the state today I've decided to postpone my continuation of my section-day-hike of the Florida Trail until Friday-Saturday-Sunday. Then I'll take Monday off work to relax.
Posted by: 4evrplan

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/14 06:03 PM

Yes, merry Christmas (and other holidays) to everyone! Gershon, I might go hiking before I go back to work (on the fifth), but I probably won't go tomorrow. Had a nice leisurely bike ride with the whole family earlier today. Not exactly hiking, and not out in the wilderness, but still a good time.
Posted by: hikerduane

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/14 10:41 PM

Merry Christmas!
Duane
Posted by: Dryer

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/25/14 12:48 PM

Just got back from a hike....60deg., clear sky, grin Texas Christmas!
Merry Christmas all!