Out of Bondage--Time to Celebrate!

Posted by: OregonMouse

Out of Bondage--Time to Celebrate! - 04/05/14 05:50 PM

It's now official--my mortgage is paid off! The house is now mine (at least until the Lord decides differently). And I'm no longer in bondage to an international banking firm (Chase). All my banking is now with the credit union I joined in 1980.

I still can't afford to buy beers for everyone here, but virtual beverages of your choice are on the house!
Posted by: PerryMK

Re: Out of Bondage--Time to Celebrate! - 04/05/14 06:57 PM

Congratulations!

Posted by: ETSU Pride

Re: Out of Bondage--Time to Celebrate! - 04/05/14 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By OregonMouse
It's now official--my mortgage is paid off! The house is now mine (at least until the Lord decides differently). And I'm no longer in bondage to an international banking firm (Chase). All my banking is now with the credit union I joined in 1980.

I still can't afford to buy beers for everyone here, but virtual beverages of your choice are on the house!

Thank you for the pint of Fat Tire smile and congratulation!
Posted by: Dryer

Re: Out of Bondage--Time to Celebrate! - 04/05/14 10:48 PM

No feeling like it! Congratulations! grin
Posted by: aimless

Re: Out of Bondage--Time to Celebrate! - 04/05/14 11:25 PM

When my wife got her inheritance the very first thing we did with it was pay off the balance of our mortgage. It was one of the most rewarding days of our lives and we've never regretted that decision for one second. Congratulations!
Posted by: hikerduane

Re: Out of Bondage--Time to Celebrate! - 04/06/14 04:57 PM

Congratulations!!! It's nice. My place has been paid off for six years maybe and the car about three now. No debt but the credit card for whatever old stoves or camping gear I bought the previous month.
I'll take a couple Fat Tires or the like. smile
Duane
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: Out of Bondage--Time to Celebrate! - 04/07/14 12:13 PM

!!!Good for you OM!!!

That's no easy task. I think I'd should be buying you a beer!
Posted by: skcreidc

Re: Out of Bondage--Time to Celebrate! - 04/10/14 12:23 PM

Congrads OM!! I was wondering what you were talking about. We still owe, still owe, so off to work we go.