Happy Thanksgiving folks...

Posted by: jimmyb

Happy Thanksgiving folks... - 11/28/13 12:49 AM

Hope the day finds you healthy, happy and with time to reflect on your blessings. smile

jimmyb
Posted by: hikerduane

Re: Happy Thanksgiving folks... - 11/28/13 03:47 PM

Thank you. I was listening to the CW station this AM on my way home from moms. They had callers telling what they were thankful for. Good calls, one lady and her husband were doing volunteer work handing out food/goods to those in need.
Duane
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Happy Thanksgiving folks... - 11/28/13 04:40 PM

Moved this to Off-Topic. Don't feel bad; this is called keeping the Moderators busy and out of mischief.
lol

A happy Thanksgiving to all of you! And for our Jewish friends, Happy Hannukah!
Posted by: jimmyb

Re: Happy Thanksgiving folks... - 11/28/13 05:32 PM

Thanks OM for correcting the location of the post. Just wasn't sure where to start it.

jimmyb
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Happy Thanksgiving folks... - 11/28/13 06:51 PM

No problem! I hope you're having a good day!
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: Happy Thanksgiving folks... - 11/29/13 02:58 AM

Well we had a great Thanksgiving Day. About 25 people were here for dinner. Had 12 players in the football game, and we had an honest to goodness feast afterwards. Everyone brought home a good portion of leftovers and I have a bunch too. I am loving seeing all that food I get to eat.

The one thing that really stood out for me this year is that no one, not one person, mentioned "Black Friday". Not once. I consider that to be a pretty big thing.

I hope it's a sign that the "Black Friday Starts Thursday" marketing scheme has begun to lose its momentum and that people are beginning to take their Thanksgiving Holiday back, but I know for a fact that the people who were with us on Thanksgiving never gave it up, and I'm thankful to have friends like that.
Posted by: ETSU Pride

Re: Happy Thanksgiving folks... - 11/29/13 01:37 PM

Hope you all had a good holiday!