Anymore good AT books

Posted by: treetrunck

Anymore good AT books - 01/09/08 03:58 PM

I was wondering if anybody knew of anymore good books of the Appalachian Trail. I have read Walkin on the Happy Side of Misery, On the Beaten Path, and A Walk in the Woods and enjoyed them all.
Posted by: Bearpaw

Re: Anymore good AT books - 01/09/08 05:26 PM

Not a complete AT book, but Jan LiteShoe's book about her Long Trail thru-hike in 2002 (which preceded her 2003 AT thru-hike) is very good.

It's called The Ordinary Adventurer.
Posted by: Timinator3477

Re: Anymore good AT books - 01/10/08 07:15 PM

If you like poetry check out my book Definitions. In the book I wrote the poem titled "Walk in the Woods" is about how my mind tends to wander on hikes. Hiking has always turned on my creativity as a photographer and a writer. I often use hiking to discuss things in life, like the journey. I just finished a poem titled the hikers prayer, which I will probably publish on my website this Spring.

One of my goals in life is to hike the AT. I have been on a sliver of it in NC and PA.

The books site www.thebookdefinitions.com
Posted by: futureatwalker

Re: Anymore good AT books - 01/11/08 01:07 PM

Hi Treetrunk -

I had an earlier thread on "Best books about the AT" which you can check out, but I'd recommend The Way North by Mick Lowther, AWOL on the Applachian Trail , and Walking with Spring (Earl Schaeffer), in about that order. David Brill's As Far as the Eye can See is enjoyable as well..

Enjoy some arm-chair backpacking!