Kindle Unlimited

Posted by: Gershon

Kindle Unlimited - 07/21/14 11:28 AM

Amazon has a new program where a reader can read as many books as they like for $9.99 a month. Be careful when "buying" one, as they have to be in the unlimited program.

This will allow me to exhaust all the available books on a topic without spending much money.

Currently, I'm reading all the books on Walking Across America. Then I'll move to the Appalachian Trail and other trails.

For those who prefer audio books, the Kindle Fire and the Kindle reader with the keyboard will read books aloud. I like to listen to books while I road walk, so this is a good deal for me.
Posted by: kevonionia

Re: Kindle Unlimited - 07/26/14 01:26 AM

Thanks, I'll be walking two steps behind u on this.

Posted by: GrumpyGord

Re: Kindle Unlimited - 07/26/14 07:00 AM

I read a lot but there are so many free and $.99 books on Amazon that I seldom spend $9.99/month. There are some books that I would like to read which are more expensive than that but if they are not available at the library I just read something else. I already have a whole bunch of books on my Kindle waiting to be read. I do not think that it would be worth it to me. Already folks are complaining that the selection in the program is too limited.
Posted by: Dia

Re: Kindle Unlimited - 02/06/17 01:06 PM

This is awesome! I hadn't heard of this before, but as someone in Grad school and someone who loves to reach and research in general, this will certainly be a great asset.