Problem with my Garmin 60csx

Posted by: shotokun16

Problem with my Garmin 60csx - 07/14/11 07:00 PM

Recently purchased a Garmin 60csx from REI and after a 2-day research frenzy, (e.g. gpsdepot.com tutorials and "Google" tips and tricks, Youtube, and reading my owners manual) I realize that the software in my GPS (i.e. 4.20 firmware) that comes with a mapsource (6.16.3) cannot complete a 3.4GB transfer on my 4gb sd card. I understand that the unit can now take 16gb due to its 4.20V firmware update, but I was unsuccessful in transferring more than 2gb.

Question for Garmin 60csx owners: Can you transfer more than 4gb on to your 60csx? If so how? Should i use a different program instead Garmin Mapsource?

Are there any tips in reducing the download time process? (e.g. USB 2.0 connection?) [size:14pt][/size]
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: Problem with my Garmin 60csx - 07/15/11 03:02 PM

You should probably go to a forum dedicated to discussing GPS hardware issues with this question, or even call Garmin and ask them about it. Garmin has pretty good customer support, at least when I've contacted them it's been good.

Posted by: shotokun16

Re: Problem with my Garmin 60csx - 07/15/11 04:22 PM

Nvm i figured out my problem. Never transfer anything more than 1.9GB directly to the GPS. Its best to transfer data to the SD/MicroSD adapter with a USB 2.0.
Nvm =) Kill thread thanks for the response though thanks