Hiking with Kids: Oak Glen Preserve, September 5 2

Posted by: HikingGeek

Hiking with Kids: Oak Glen Preserve, September 5 2 - 09/22/15 12:45 PM

We attended a birthday party at Oak Glen Preserve. As soon as Ethan saw that it was outside, he kept saying “Daddy we go hike.” After hanging out at the party for a couple of hours, a few of us decided to hike a 2 mile loop around the preserve. Here's a link to the trip report and full gallery:

Hiking with Kids: Oak Glen Preserve, September 5 2015

...and some highlights. Clicking on a photo will bring you to the trip report/photos:

Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Hiking with Kids: Oak Glen Preserve, September 5 2 - 09/22/15 04:46 PM

Aha, another budding backpacker--two of them! That's how I got started, and at 79, although slowing down quite a bit, I'm still going!
Posted by: BZH

Re: Hiking with Kids: Oak Glen Preserve, September 5 2 - 09/23/15 05:18 PM

Our family first discovered Oak Glen last year. Had a great time picking apples. I didn't get to the preserve. How is it? And are they picking apples now?
Posted by: HikingGeek

Re: Hiking with Kids: Oak Glen Preserve, September 5 2 - 09/24/15 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By OregonMouse
Aha, another budding backpacker--two of them! That's how I got started, and at 79, although slowing down quite a bit, I'm still going!

That's awesome!

Originally Posted By BZH
Our family first discovered Oak Glen last year. Had a great time picking apples. I didn't get to the preserve. How is it? And are they picking apples now?

The preserve is nice. It's a little dry now obviously, but getting up there in the spring would also be fun (there's a stream that runs through it).

They are picking apples now. I believe Sept 5 was opening weekend.