Posted by: Rick_D

Uhhhhhhhhh - 11/17/16 06:35 PM

Guess the only H&S tip to be gleaned here is "don't do that." Just, wow.
The remains of a man who died in a hot spring accident in Yellowstone National Park were dissolved before they could be recovered, it has emerged.

Colin Scott, 23, died in June in an illegal attempt to soak, or "hot pot", in the US park's thermal pools. The accident was recorded by the victim's sister on her mobile phone, the incident report says. The grisly details came to light following a freedom-of-information request by local television news.

According to the incident report, Mr Scott and his sister, Sable Scott, left the defined boardwalk area in Norris Basin on 7 June.

"The whole area is geothermally active," Yellowstone's deputy chief ranger Lorant Veress told KULR 8, which broke the story.

-- BBC

As to the home movie....
Posted by: balzaccom

Re: Uhhhhhhhhh - 11/18/16 10:23 AM

Fell into a thermal pool high in sulfuric acid...
Posted by: skcreidc

Re: Uhhhhhhhhh - 11/22/16 12:39 PM

Yikes! That's gotta hurt. Yellowstone is a potentially active caldera. In other words, a volcano. I'm not sure I'd want to take a dip in anything in that particular area.
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Uhhhhhhhhh - 11/22/16 04:26 PM

Isn't he supposed to be a supervillain/arch-nemesis when they pull him out?
Posted by: toddfw2003

Re: Uhhhhhhhhh - 12/08/16 10:10 PM

i bet he doesnt do that again