Coffee Pot

Posted by: HumanBN

Coffee Pot - 08/17/08 06:13 PM

I would like to purchase a new coffee pot. The one I have is about 30 years old and no longer has the brewing basket in it. I don't mind drinking cowboy coffee but it would be nice to have the basket so clean up would be easier. My problem is that I am unable to find any that aren't stainless steel. I would prefer titanium but aluminum would do as well. I don't want anything that is made of steel, too heavy. Anybody know of a place that sells or makes these?
Posted by: HumanBN

Re: Coffee Pot - 08/17/08 06:41 PM

I must be blind. I found one. Craziness, maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention.
Posted by: kevonionia

Re: Coffee Pot - 08/17/08 06:49 PM

hb:

At any Publix in Miami, which literally has the grocery monopoly here, they've got some REALLY cheap and super-light aluminum pots (with plastic basket) from Colombia for about $12. Our first one lasted 8 years. We use them on bp trips to boil water, in fact, in the past few years, for weight savings, we've gone with instant coffee and left the basket at home -- but still bring that Colombian aluminum pot since it's the fastest, lightest way to boil water.