Dajo Gear, wow service

Posted by: Rick_D

Dajo Gear, wow service - 11/20/21 05:00 PM

I put my Dajo pocket knife through the wash (public service message: empty those pockets, folks) and discovered it at the bottom of the drum, open and one of the scales coming off. Two minuscule screws (torx head to further complicate matters) had backed out, never to be seen again. Bummer, I love this little knife--Ascent model with a short, wide blade and integrated tweezers.

I emailed Dajo asking whether replacement screws might be available, because other than being very dull from bashing against the drum it is still in usable condition, I only need screw the scale back into position and sharpen it.

They wrote back within the hour, regretting that parts are not available and instead, would be happy to send me a complementary replacement knife. Yes, thank you!

I write this for two reasons: this, and other Dajo folders, are excellent lightweight knives for camping (I own another one with a longer, narrower blade) and the good folks at Dajo are worthy of the community's support. They also sell packs, guidebooks and a few other sundry items.

https://www.dajoadventuregear.com

Cheers,
Posted by: Arizona

Re: Dajo Gear, wow service - 11/20/21 07:03 PM

The Ascent is a good looking little knife and is very close to the size and shape folder I favor and carry. That service is seriously above the norm, replacing your knife like that.