Different Sawyer Models?

Posted by: CChamp

Different Sawyer Models? - 06/07/21 11:08 AM

Hi all, newbie to this forum. I am going backpacking in Yellowstone in July. I plan to take a Sawyer Squeeze for filtration. I am noticing that there is the Squeeze, the Mini, the model 131 and 137 and now I see that there is something called the Sawyer PointOne Squeeze. I pretty much understand the Mini and the 131 & 137 but could someone please explain what the "PointOne" is? I just want to filter water for drinking, cooking etc. Thank you very much.
Posted by: Bill Kennedy

Re: Different Sawyer Models? - 06/07/21 03:30 PM

I think the "Point One" applies to all the squeeze-type Sawyer filters, indicating that they have a 0.1 micron absolute pore size. The different model numbers would seem to indicate which (and how many) pouches are included.
Posted by: Rick_D

Re: Different Sawyer Models? - 06/07/21 09:22 PM

Sawyer makes 0.1 and 0.02 micron filter cartridges. The 0.1 are aimed at more typical backcountry water and filter for bacteria and protozoa. The 0.02 add viruses and shouldn't typically be needed in the States. They have lower flow rates and will take more time and work to get water.
Posted by: CChamp

Re: Different Sawyer Models? - 06/08/21 09:46 AM

Thank you all for the help, you were right. I was able to contact the company and they said that the filter is the same in all the packages, it is what it comes with that changes the version. Thanks again.