Paria Outdoors Arches 1p tent

Posted by: dartor

Paria Outdoors Arches 1p tent - 04/16/21 05:03 PM

Anybody have any experience with this tent? Although not the lightest, not bad at 3 lbs.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Paria Outdoors Arches 1p tent - 04/16/21 11:12 PM

For a broader view of what's available and what to look for:
Ten best 1-person backpacking tents
Posted by: BZH

Re: Paria Outdoors Arches 1p tent - 04/19/21 09:15 AM

I don't have one, but this is the internet, so I'll give my view smile

It looks like a cheap knock-off of a Big Agnes Fly Creek that weighs about a pound more and 1/2-1/3 the price. Based on the Amazon reviews it seems like a decent tent. I think the angle of the door means you are going to get significant water intrusion entering or exiting during a rain storm. I can't think of anything, off the top of my head, that would be better at this price point.
Posted by: Tom7654

Re: Paria Outdoors Arches 1p tent - 04/19/21 09:53 AM

I have a River Country Products Trekker Tent 1V. Mine weighs 2.62 pounds with stakes but not poles. The current version is only $43 on Amazon, and it looks a little different from the one I bought two years ago (the new one has a lot more ventilation). It is advertised as a one person tent, but it is very roomy. The construction quality seems good, although I've only used it a few times. I applied waterproofing spray as specified in the instructions, and it stayed dry inside through a night of pretty heavy rain.
Posted by: arfa

Re: Paria Outdoors Arches 1p tent - 05/16/21 09:56 PM

Considering that the product photo is usually the best pitch available this looks a little baggy. There quite a few 1P tents but this reminds me a bit of the REI Co-op Flash Air 1. Roughly an extra $100 but I would figure it as a better tent.

The paria has the advantage of twin skin - great if you are in warmer climes.

For me - the extra $ is always worth it. But... it depends a lot on your useage.