Who might retrofit a pack?

Posted by: snapper

Who might retrofit a pack? - 06/08/20 01:40 PM

Hey Folks - I have an old Lowe Alpine rucksack which is essentially one big open pocket with a lid. It was a gift from my wife about 20 years ago but it's holding up well and I enjoy using it. Now that I'm retired I have the opportunity to get out on quick overnights where a typical backpack would be overkill. For that reason I'd like to find some way to retrofit the pack with water bottle sleeves on the side and even a mesh pocket on the front of the pack.

Does anyone know of a company that might do this sort of work? If so, I'd love to hear about them. Any contact information or insights you have to share will be greatly appreciated.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper
Posted by: Tom7654

Re: Who might retrofit a pack? - 06/08/20 01:50 PM

A decent tailor should be able to do it. I've had good luck getting zippered pockets added to jackets. They are more willing and much cheaper when I supply my own fabric and zipper.
I think this saves them shopping time, and reduces their risk of an unhappy customer.
Posted by: PerryMK

Re: Who might retrofit a pack? - 06/09/20 05:23 AM

I've had custom stuff made and modifications done by Bearpawwd. I've been happy with the service, prices, and quality.

https://www.bearpawwd.com/custom_work/custom_work.php

I have heard others have had experiences different than mine, but I've dealt with him several times and always been happy.
Posted by: BZH

Re: Who might retrofit a pack? - 06/09/20 12:01 PM

I would be very leery of bearpaw right now. His life appears to be spiraling out of control.

https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topi...erness-designs/
Posted by: snapper

Re: Who might retrofit a pack? - 06/09/20 04:47 PM

Having dealt with Bear Paw Designs once already, while the work was OK, I wouldn't bother again. I do appreciate folks responding though so thanks for that.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper