Budget tea cup

Posted by: 4evrplan

Budget tea cup - 05/29/20 12:30 PM

I found these in the grocery store yesterday. It looks like they might make a decent light weight tea/cocoa cup. They've got a reuseable lid with a sipping spout and hold 11.1 ounces.
Posted by: Tom7654

Re: Budget tea cup - 05/29/20 01:46 PM

Looks promising! Have you put an empty one on the scale yet? Andrew Skurka says that a reusable 16oz Starbucks mug weighs 1.5 ounces and costs about $2 at Starbucks, but I haven't had a chance to get one yet. Please keep us posted.
Posted by: Bill Kennedy

Re: Budget tea cup - 05/29/20 01:53 PM

That's a coincidence...I just had one the other night and saved the cup, thinking the same thing. Actually, it was this:

https://www.campbells.com/campbell-soup/on-the-go/classic-tomato-soup/

Looks like the same thing with a different label.
11 ounce capacity, 1.1oz with lid, lightly insulated.

Re: Budget tea cup - 05/29/20 02:27 PM

With the label peeled, it weighs 32 grams. I'll try to remember to weight one with the label still on. The label is a very thin insulating foam, so people might choose to leave it on.
Posted by: Tom7654

Re: Budget tea cup - 05/29/20 02:55 PM

Thanks guys, I'll pick up a couple next time I'm in the grocery store.

Re: Budget tea cup - 05/29/20 04:14 PM

You're welcome, Tom.

Also, with the label left on, another one weighed 33 grams.
Posted by: Masonic18

Re: Budget tea cup - 05/31/20 04:54 AM

Thanks for sharing. I'll try this out. I'm a vegetarian, Harvest Carrot and Ginger Sipping Soup seems delicious.

Re: Budget tea cup - 06/01/20 04:33 PM

Glad I could help.

I've been eating somewhat vegetarian too the past couple months. I say "somewhat", because I haven't been strict about it. For example, if I order restaurant food, I'm not going to ask and don't really care if the pastry has lard in it or if the green beans are cooked with a bit of pork. Even so, it seems to have made a difference; I'm feeling less sluggish and gross, if that makes any sense.
Posted by: aimless

Re: Budget tea cup - 06/01/20 05:18 PM

Unless you're doing it for religious reasons, you can get the health benefits of vegetarianism simply by reducing the amount of meat you eat to a very small amount in one or possibly two meals a week. It's a bit simpler than going 100%. But I digress.
Posted by: Masonic18

Re: Budget tea cup - 06/06/20 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By 4evrplan
Glad I could help.

I've been eating somewhat vegetarian too the past couple months. I say "somewhat", because I haven't been strict about it. For example, if I order restaurant food, I'm not going to ask and don't really care if the pastry has lard in it or if the green beans are cooked with a bit of pork. Even so, it seems to have made a difference; I'm feeling less sluggish and gross, if that makes any sense.

I think that call a Flexitarian diet, honestly, there are times that I mistakenly ate food with meat and it upset my stomach sometimes it cause constipation, too.