Montbell baffles, with baffleless sleeping bags

Posted by: Rick_D

Montbell baffles, with baffleless sleeping bags - 03/14/20 01:43 PM

From the folks who brought you the Down Hugger series, Down Huggers with no baffles whatsoever.

Would love to see this in person to get a handle on how they've done it. Last Portland trip I was saddened that their downtown store was gone--it was toyland!

Cheers,
Posted by: Franco

Re: Montbell baffles, with baffleless sleeping bags - 03/20/20 07:45 PM

The idea is interesting , however I'd like to see if the down does not shift after repeated use.
Posted by: aimless

Re: Montbell baffles, with baffleless sleeping bags - 03/20/20 07:47 PM

The design is intriguing and ingenious, but I'm not an 'early adopter' type of person, so I will wait to see how this works in large scale real world use.
Posted by: Rick_D

Re: Montbell baffles, with baffleless sleeping bags - 03/21/20 04:25 PM

I see you're in Portland--when did they close their downtown store? Up there last summer I was gutted it had disappeared. They had a much larger collection of gear than ever makes it to dealers in the States, and actually handling things like sleeping bags is better than a hundred web descriptions.

With down gear I like holding them up to window light to see where the insulation gaps are, which would be fascinating with these bags.

Cheers,
Posted by: aimless

Re: Montbell baffles, with baffleless sleeping bags - 03/21/20 04:37 PM

I had a big surprise last spring when I went down to their store and found it closed. I think the last month it was open was Dec. 2018, but don't quote me on that.