Need advice for some good quality budget tent

Posted by: walkingnatur

Need advice for some good quality budget tent - 01/30/20 01:54 PM

Need advice for some good quality budget self-standing tent. Considering NatureHike Star River 2

We are in the search for a good quality budget friendly self-standing tent. Before we have been using the Quechua Quickhiker Ultralight 2 person tent and were quite happy with it. But we lacked the space inside quite a lot as well as the height. We need something under 2kg but at the same time not very expensive. We concerned about it being the light grey color as we do a lot of stealth camping and also the department for cooking and storing our backpacks. We have been looking into the Naturehike Star River 2 as it claims that it is a 4 season tent and quite spacious too. We like that the inner tent is not all made of mesh, as we would like it to be suitable for colder weather too. Have you tried this tent or any similar ones with the features we need? We would be grateful for all your suggestions.
Posted by: a_gunslinger

Re: Need advice for some good quality budget tent - 08/25/20 09:55 AM

I would consider Alps Mountaineering. They are consistently fair priced and high rated. And have been around for a long time but hold there reputation and budget pricing. Sometimes makes me wonder why I bought a more expensive tent. My son has the Taurus and its been bomb and weather proof for him.

https://www.amazon.com/ALPS-Mountaineeri...2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==