Zpacks

Posted by: ElGuapo

Zpacks - 11/04/19 01:04 PM

Can anyone give me some insight on ZPacks customer service? I'm looking to get a pack and possibly the Duplex from them but have a few questions. I've gone through their contact page on the web site but have yet to receive a response to the 4 emails I sent in the past 2 weeks.

I hear good things about them but if this is how they operate it makes me nervous dropping $1K with them.
Posted by: Pika

Re: Zpacks - 11/04/19 04:04 PM

I’d check and make sure your messages are getting through. Call them. In my experience the folks at Zpacks always go the extra mile.
Posted by: Bill Kennedy

Re: Zpacks - 11/04/19 07:55 PM

They apparently don't have a phone number.

To me, that says, "We don't care that much."
Posted by: aimless

Re: Zpacks - 11/04/19 08:28 PM

I have no direct experience with them, but have worked with cottage industry gear providers and they are not at all the same as the big labels. As a rule, they live or die by the quality of their product and maintaining a good reputation, because they can't afford to advertise and word-of-mouth recommendations are their only chance of survival.
Posted by: BZH

Re: Zpacks - 11/05/19 07:08 PM

I haven't worked with them either, but have heard consistently good reports from others (on these boards and others). I do know that small cottage manufacturers can go incognito for a short time due to vacations (backpacking!!!). It is more unusual for an organization the size of Zpacks, but not unheard of. Maybe reach out to there Facebook page to make sure your messages are getting through? Best of luck and keep this post up to date for others awareness.