Prescription sunglass.

Posted by: Rodrigo

Prescription sunglass. - 07/04/19 01:19 AM

Hello everyone.

I would like locations where i could make prescription sunglasses with class 3 and 4 fit for high mountain and glacier.

Preferably in Europe but the United States is also useful.

Thanks!!!!
Posted by: Bill Kennedy

Re: Prescription sunglass. - 07/05/19 03:59 AM

You might try Julbo. Their glasses are available with prescription lenses. Headquartered in France, I believe, but sold internationally.

http://www.julbo.com/
Posted by: Pika

Re: Prescription sunglass. - 07/05/19 12:43 PM

I’m not sure what Class 3 & 4 fit means. I have always preferred aviator style sunglasses for high altitude, snow-covered and sunny terrain. You can easily get prescription lenses for this style of sunglasses. You can even get them with bifocal lenses: I did. If going for bifocals I recommend the reading part be set 2mm lower than is the norm. That way the reading part won’t interfere as much with your view of the trail.
Posted by: balzaccom

Re: Prescription sunglass. - 07/06/19 12:26 PM

Another option is what I use: oversize sunglasses that fit over your regular glasses. They allow you to use your normal glasses, cover more of your face, and are very cheap.
Posted by: aimless

Re: Prescription sunglass. - 07/06/19 02:25 PM

The type of mountaineering sunglasses he's looking for probably would be hard to find in a size large enough to fit over his regular glasses, and it's doubtful they'd be cheap either. As a hiker who spends more time in forests than on snow, I do not need such extra-strong protection, but anyone who is spending entire days on glaciers at high altitude is well-advised to seek sunglasses designed for that kind of severe conditions.