The Crossdressing Hiker

Posted by: Bill Kennedy

The Crossdressing Hiker - 01/27/19 05:53 AM

I just discovered that womens' fleece lined leggings, available at the Goodwill for $5.99 make great long johns (janes?). Weight about the same as the expensive ones, just as warm or warmer, all synthetic, etc.

As a bonus, I'm getting more in touch with my feminine side.

On the down side, if I ever do a through-hike, I'll probably be saddled with a trail name like "Ladypants."
Posted by: balzaccom

Re: The Crossdressing Hiker - 01/27/19 03:00 PM

we want photos...
Posted by: Petro1234

Re: The Crossdressing Hiker - 01/27/19 04:56 PM

Any excuse eh Bill ? Youll be claiming that bra as an exellent gun holster next. Lipstick does definatley help you get seen though.

Funnily enough some years ago I was looking at the ultralight camping chairs on ebay. You know that on ebay they often give you suggested related items. One suggestion was for "personel panties", which turns out are USED womens knickers you can buy. Theory is that the fellows buy one of each and go off hiking to have a good sit in both, I have never looked at the user of those chairs the same way since.
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: The Crossdressing Hiker - 01/27/19 05:03 PM

Doesn’t the lack of a fly pose some logistical problems?
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: The Crossdressing Hiker - 01/27/19 06:52 PM

If women can wear men's clothes for hiking, as many do, why not the reverse?
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: The Crossdressing Hiker - 01/27/19 07:07 PM

I fully agree, Mouse. We’ve had examples on these boards of people who use “women’s” packs, sleeping bags, and sleeping pads because they work better. (For a number of years, I used the “women’s” Prolite Plus pad because the r-value was higher.)

Like many other artificial distinctions, the distinction between “men’s” and “women’s” is more apparent than actual.

Of course, I wasn’t quite high-road enough to refrain from giving Bill a hard time. smile

Re: The Crossdressing Hiker - 01/28/19 03:13 AM

Originally Posted By balzaccom
we want photos...

Well, they look best with a nice pair of heels, and right now I'm into this zero-drop thing, so I guess I'll have to disappoint.

Re: The Crossdressing Hiker - 01/28/19 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By Glenn Roberts
Doesn’t the lack of a fly pose some logistical problems?

At the risk of giving too much information, I never use the fly anyway. They are a bit snug in the crotch, but they're stretchy enough that it's not a problem. I wore them on my walk today, with no damage smile