How To Fold A Snow Peak Gigapower Stove

Posted by: Bill Kennedy

How To Fold A Snow Peak Gigapower Stove - 11/19/18 04:16 AM

I just discovered this and it tickled me, so I had to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAm0IElTlzc

I had no idea you could do this. Pretty handy.
Posted by: GrumpyGord

Re: How To Fold A Snow Peak Gigapower Stove - 11/19/18 06:41 AM

I have never had much of a problem with folding it up. Sometimes it takes a second try because the wings hit. The biggest complaint is that the handle leaves the valve open and it leaks gas unless you turn it off before you install it on the canister. It would seem that after all this time they would get their tapping head set so that straight up was off and not 1/8 turn open.
Posted by: tycruise

Re: How To Fold A Snow Peak Gigapower Stove - 11/19/18 08:29 AM

Thanks for sharing this.
Posted by: balzaccom

Re: How To Fold A Snow Peak Gigapower Stove - 11/19/18 03:54 PM

So, basically, brute Force...
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: How To Fold A Snow Peak Gigapower Stove - 11/19/18 07:21 PM

My stove is a Primus Micron (discontinued years ago, but still works just fine) and I have no problems with folding it. I would hesitate to use brute force on any lightweight backpacking stove unless you don't mind replacing it! Trial and error has worked just fine for me. I am not, however, familiar with Snow Peak stoves.
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: How To Fold A Snow Peak Gigapower Stove - 11/20/18 12:34 AM

Luckily, my pack has never been so tight on space that the extra 1 or 2 cubic inches gained by these tips has been that critical.
Posted by: Bill Kennedy

Re: How To Fold A Snow Peak Gigapower Stove - 11/20/18 04:36 AM

No brute force involved. If you just push them together simultaneously, they slip right into place.
Posted by: aimless

Re: How To Fold A Snow Peak Gigapower Stove - 11/20/18 01:07 PM

Looking at that video (nb: I don't own that stove) it looks to me like a classic piece of brilliant design that isn't good design. The pot supports nest together in a brilliantly compact manner, except how to get them to nest like that requires solving a puzzle without any visual clues to guide you. Nothing about the solution is obvious, until you've been shown it.