Searching for a hammock...

Posted by: dylansdad77

Searching for a hammock... - 09/11/17 08:36 AM

I love the idea of sleeping in a hammock, but I am faced with several distinct challenges in finding the model that's just right for me. Most any hammock I find will cut down on weight versus my solo tent, so not as concerned (yet about trail weight). My specific challenges are:

- I am a larger person so I need a weight capacity of 300lbs or higher
- I am a stomach sleeper so plain-jane hammocks won't work for me

I've seen hammocks that can accommodate us "built for comfort" folks, and I've seen hammocks that accommodate us stomach sleepers - I have YET to find a hammock that can accommodate the few PITA's (like myself) that fall into both categories. Anyone come across anything that might work?
Posted by: DustinV

Re: Searching for a hammock... - 09/11/17 03:43 PM

If you aren't already doing so, post this question also on hammockforums-dot-net

There are some REALLY knowledgeable people there who can help you get started on your hammock journey.

You might get useful responses on both this and the other site.
Posted by: orclwzrd

Re: Searching for a hammock... - 09/20/17 10:21 AM

Try a vendor like Dutchwaregear. if you email them your issue, you will likely get a response from Dutch himself and likely find a answer to your problem. I've found many of the cottage vendors are very knowledgeable and very helpful! great products and service don't hurt either!

john
Posted by: snapper

Re: Searching for a hammock... - 09/20/17 11:25 AM

Have you looked into a "bridge" hammock? They have spreader bars on both ends which might allow you to sleep comfortably on your stomach. I've never been in one personally so can't help you there but it might be worth looking into.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper
Posted by: 4evrplan

Re: Searching for a hammock... - 09/20/17 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By orclwzrd
Try a vendor like Dutchwaregear. if you email them your issue, you will likely get a response from Dutch himself and likely find a answer to your problem. I've found many of the cottage vendors are very knowledgeable and very helpful! great products and service don't hurt either!

john

I can also vouch for Dutch.