I took the plunge to build a new towel

Posted by: Dre

I took the plunge to build a new towel - 04/17/17 08:56 AM

I posted here a couple months ago soliciting feedback about what you look for in travel towels and how a better one could potentially be made. Thanks for your feedback; it's been informative.

A few weeks ago, I decided to drop everything, buy a one way ticket, and travel overseas to Europe to talk with manufacturers and make this towel a reality.

My questions:

1) How many of you would be interested if I started a blog documenting my journey to build this towel from selecting the correct material to getting the correct finish, packaging, etc.?

2) I've narrowed down the name of the company to four names. Would like to know your thoughts on them and if you like them at all:

Vive
Peregrine
Jaunt
Tow

3) Are there other resources that you recommend I can tap into for more travelers that would find something like this interesting?

Thanks!
Posted by: BZH

Re: I took the plunge to build a new towel - 04/17/17 11:40 AM

What textile manufacturers are in Europe?
Posted by: Dre

Re: I took the plunge to build a new towel - 04/21/17 11:01 AM

There's a linen of linen manufacturers there.
Posted by: snapper

Re: I took the plunge to build a new towel - 04/21/17 11:41 AM

Best of luck to you on this endeavor but personally, I have no real interest in it. I guess I'm "old school" enough that an bandana still works just fine for me.

Until next time...be well.

snapper
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: I took the plunge to build a new towel - 04/21/17 08:04 PM

I take a couple of Clorox brand Handi-Wipes. They are highly absorbent, dry in a few minutes, last through several launderings before being tossed. They also weigh next to nothing. 0.6 oz for the pair, and they dry so fast that I never have to carry them wet. Since I also use them for cleaning kitchen counters (far more sanitary than a sponge), I always have them around the house anyway.

Like most of the others here, I'm happy with what I use and see no reason to spend money on anything different. I really don't think that this is where your market will be.