Rain Jacket

Posted by: ETSU Pride

Rain Jacket - 12/25/14 09:57 AM

Anyone got good recommendation for a nice rain/technical jacket? I'm looking anywhere from $150-$270 to spend. I got gift cards to apply towards them. I probably find some of these models on sale at random websites for 15-20% off if they got my size. I'd like it to be light as possible without much sacrifice to breathability and waterproofness. The one I currently uses makes me feel wet at pressure points from the backpack, and I get hot in it fast. I been using it for 5 years, so I'm ready for a new one.
Posted by: bluefish

Re: Rain Jacket - 12/26/14 06:42 AM

I bought one from LL Bean. Gore-Tex, mesh liner, breathes well, has stayed dead dry in some major downpours, fits into it's own pocket. I over sized it, as I also wear it in the winter as a wind shell. Great product for my use, though if people look close they may mistake me for a yuppy that escaped his cubicle and wandered outside. grin http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/63188?feat=68624-pprrtop

Re: Rain Jacket - 12/28/14 12:19 PM

I ended up rolling the dice on the Marmot Nano AS. I only paid $85 out of pocket for it, so we'll see how it performs this year in those Smoky Mountain rain. cool
Posted by: bluefish

Re: Rain Jacket - 12/28/14 04:40 PM

REI has that jacket for 285!!!!! I'll just send you my money from now on and have you shop for me. Glad you got a deal like that, I bet you'll be happy with it.

Re: Rain Jacket - 12/28/14 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By bluefish
REI has that jacket for 285!!!!! I'll just send you my money from now on and have you shop for me. Glad you got a deal like that, I bet you'll be happy with it.

I'll let you know! I had gift cards from Christmas so that erode the cost on my end to $85. I couldn't pass up buying what looks like a sweet rain jacket for the price of $85. I could have easily gotten the Pre-Cip or another model without paying anything, but felt the risk of buying more pricier jacket for little cost (talking full retail vs. what i pay) was worth the leap of faith, ya know?