On sale!

Posted by: OregonMouse

On sale! - 11/28/14 02:56 PM

Let's use this thread to mention sales of lightweight (not standard/heavier) gear. It might help those doing Christmas shopping or just looking for gear. Several makers of lightweight gear appear to be having sales right now.

The biggest sale I've found so far is at Six Moon Designs whose Fusion packs are 50% off. Their Flight packs are 20% off. They also have big sales on their tents and tarps (except, of course, those made of cuben fiber, where the demand still exceeds the supply).

The unusually steep discount on the Fusion packs makes me wonder if they are going to redesign this series….

For the record, I have no connection with this firm except as a satisfied customer--I bought their long-discontinued Comet pack 9 years ago and it's still going strong. Six Moon is, however, local to my area, being located in Beaverton, OR on the west side of Portland.
Posted by: Rick_D

Re: On sale! - 11/28/14 09:29 PM

Great find, thanks!

Like I need another pack, but anyway....

Cheers,

Re: On sale! - 12/23/14 07:39 PM

Another sale--Tarptent has the Contrail (1 person), Squall 2 (2 person), and Rainshadow 2 (3 person) on sale. Tomorrow (12/24) is the last day. Go to the "Ordering" page to see the sale price.

Six Moon Designs' sale, as noted above, lasts into January.

Gossamer Gear has all packs 20% off. Use coupon code Festivus201420 when ordering. Sale ends at 11:59 pm (presumably Texas time) December 25.

Sorry about the last minute notice!
Posted by: Roastduck

Re: On sale! - 12/25/14 08:49 PM

Woot.com has a Yukon Outfitters hammock with integrated mosquito net for $25. Sake ends at midnight central time, so if you want one get on it!

Edit: Hope some of you saw this in time to take advantage of it
Posted by: Roastduck

Re: On sale! - 01/17/15 03:57 PM

Granite Gear and High Sierra packs on woot.com. sale ends January 19:

Granite Gear Nimbus Core, Short for $100: http://sport.woot.com/offers/granite-gear-nimbus-core-short-burnt-brick-6?ref=ref%3Dcnt_wp_9_0

Hawk 40L for $50: http://sport.woot.com/offers/high-sierra-hawk-40-pacific-nebula-4?ref=ref%3Dcnt_wp_9_1

Hawk 45L for $55: http://sport.woot.com/offers/high-sierra-hawk-45-pacific-nebula-4?ref=ref%3Dcnt_wp_9_2

Posted by: Rick_D

Re: On sale! - 08/01/15 05:04 PM

Resurrecting thread to shout, or at least loudly proclaim praise for the SMD Fusion 65. Used it the first time on a week-long trip, avec bear canister (sideways!) and it was great. Good support, comfortable (once I adjusted back length correctly) and large enough to lug everything I needed.

NB Adjusting back length in the field, without the handy-dandy plastic gizmo supplied with the pack, is an exercise in frustration. The velcro is plentiful and VERY grippy. It took a fistful of sticks and kitchen flatware to unstick it long enough to reposition while ironing out lumps. Figure out the best setting at home, if possible.

I typically use hoop-frame packs and was skeptical of the Fusion thermoplastic and aluminum stay frame, but it worked like a charm and was silent--no squeaking like hoop frames typically utter.

Give it a look if you're in the market.

Cheers,

Re: On sale! - 08/10/15 12:23 PM

I believe they're on sale again, too. Probably means another design revision in the works.

While I do have a SMD pack, it was discontinued in early 2006. All the models from back then havebeen discontinued, so I can't recommend the Fusion one way or another.