Input for Mod on Dash 2 tent - Fly Extension

Posted by: Minx

Input for Mod on Dash 2 tent - Fly Extension - 11/22/14 11:07 PM

I'd like to hear peoples thoughts on this Modification I doing.
Couples tent (she's new to backpacking and feels better in a full tent. I use a Gatewood Cape when solo.) Mostly desert 3 season backpacking. 5' 10" 185. 50 yrs. Like the size and features of this tent.
Vestibules have a high-arched cut and the REI Dash 2 so it vents well but doesn't protect gear well from monsoons. Added a piece of 20d ripstop to get about 9" more coverage of gear in vestibule. You can see full details, pics and 'How to' at my blog; www.raisedbyraccoons.blogspot.com and please let me know what you think. Haven't figured out how to add a pic here. I'm brand new to forum and interested in hearing constructive criticism. Thanks.
Life off trail.
Posted by: DJ2

Re: Input for Mod on Dash 2 tent - Fly Extension - 11/24/14 10:13 PM

I also own a Dash 2 and like it. In fact I like it more than I thought I would.

I also like your modification. Gives much better protection to that exposed tail end which, without your mod, is not covered by the fly. I don't like depending on the water tightness of the bath tub floor alone to keep me dry.
Posted by: Minx

Re: Input for Mod on Dash 2 tent - Fly Extension - 12/02/14 03:11 PM

Hey DJ2, I'm glad you like the mod. I have detailed a lot of tweaks and the mod at www.raisedbyraccoons.blogspot.com and have vid of it as well. I have really liked the Dash so far.
Thanks.