Looking for female travel shoes

Posted by: leilasi

Looking for female travel shoes - 08/14/14 08:40 AM

Hi, I'm looking around for some shoes that I can also use to hike (read: with laces, crazily comfortable for 10+ miles and resistant, not necessarily high tech). I want to have a shoe insulated with wool (I got one once but it was way too small, pity I don't remember the name. I need it to look rather nice/casual, so no half black and half brown thing. The wool is a deal breaker, I found some nice shoes which unfortunately look way too techy for me. I managed to figure out great walking sandals (Karrimor Tobago Kiwi) but I need to have fun in the winter too. Any ideas?
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: Looking for female travel shoes - 08/14/14 11:59 AM

Shoe styles change so fast that it's difficult to buy the same style if you've worn a pair out.

I suggest you get some wool socks to wear with whatever shoes you find that you like.
Posted by: 4evrplan

Re: Looking for female travel shoes - 08/14/14 12:08 PM

Getting wool socks was my thought exactly. Using wool socks is much more flexible than a shoe with wool built in and opens up your shoe options vastly.

ETA: Not to mention you can wash the socks without running your shoes through the wash - which works by the way, but it's hard on your shoes and not the ideal way to wash wool anyway.
Posted by: JohnnyCapra

Re: Looking for female travel shoes - 02/03/15 05:41 AM

Originally Posted By leilasi
Hi, I'm looking around for some shoes that I can also use to hike (read: with laces, crazily comfortable for 10+ miles and resistant, not necessarily high tech). I want to have a shoe insulated with wool (I got one once but it was way too small, pity I don't remember the name. I need it to look rather nice/casual, so no half black and half brown thing. The wool is a deal breaker, I found some nice shoes which unfortunately look way too techy for me. I managed to figure out great walking sandals (Karrimor Tobago Kiwi) but I need to have fun in the winter too. Any ideas?

Your choice is good, but, I think all the things that you have suggested may be difficult to get. I agree with @billstephenson's idea of getting woolen socks.