Just took a hike in my new boots

Posted by: Ckurz

Just took a hike in my new boots - 04/10/14 05:55 PM

For the past month or so, I've been looking for a new boot for this summer. After searching all over I narrowed it down to the Salomon Quest 4D GTX Mid boots, Keen Targhee ll Boots, and the Lowa Renegade ll gtX mid. Unfortunately in south florida no one carries either of these boots. So I had to buy on my gut. After reading and watching many reviews I finally chose the Salomon Quest 4D GTX Mid, and wow I could not be more happy. My first reaction was they look good. I then put them on, they felt broken in to begin with. So comfortable. Today I took them on a short hike and I could not be more happy with my decision. They're more on the expensive side but they will last a life time, I'm so glad I went with these. You guys should definitely check out the Salomon Quest 4D GTX mid.
Posted by: ETSU Pride

Re: Just took a hike in my new boots - 04/11/14 02:52 PM

I love my Salomon too! cool

Re: Just took a hike in my new boots - 04/12/14 04:55 PM

What type do you wear
Posted by: ETSU Pride

Re: Just took a hike in my new boots - 04/12/14 06:09 PM

I have the XA Pro mid. I got em cause they were 50% off and fitted me. I normally wear trailer runners but these were pretty darn ligh for mid boot.

Re: Just took a hike in my new boots - 04/13/14 03:03 PM

Alright good deal, generally I only wear mids, I like the support they give
Posted by: fruity31

Re: Just took a hike in my new boots - 04/30/14 09:22 AM

oopsiee! Salomon lover here! Good to pass by on this thread! goodjob
Posted by: The Chef

Re: Just took a hike in my new boots - 05/28/14 01:00 PM

Boots??
in the lightweight forum.
Does anyone wear trail runners like Me?

Just started doing it.
feet are much happier
Posted by: Hikers

Re: Just took a hike in my new boots - 06/06/14 01:32 PM

I'm glad I headed on to this forum, I've been looking for new boots since the last one I had was lost after we moved in to another town. Thanks for sharing a lot of views here.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Just took a hike in my new boots - 06/06/14 04:32 PM

A lot of us wear trail runners. I switched 5 years ago and have never worn boots since!