Montane Anti-Freeze - Opinions

Posted by: Guido Soda

Montane Anti-Freeze - Opinions - 01/08/14 10:28 AM

Hello,

First post to the group! I am looking into a lightweight down mid-layer jacket for low-altitude hiking in weather that rarely gets below 25* - 30*. I have narrowed it down to the Montane Anti-Freeze down piece. Performance/fit/cautionary tales, whatever. Any input is appreciated.

Thx,

EGS
Posted by: aimless

Re: Montane Anti-Freeze - Opinions - 01/08/14 01:51 PM

If you've narrowed your choices down to one choice, it seems like you have already made your choice. Not sure what kind of help you'd want once you're that far along.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Montane Anti-Freeze - Opinions - 01/08/14 02:04 PM

Welcome, Guido!

Sorry, I haven't used this item; my puffy jacket (very similar) is Montbell and I love it. I assume you're using degrees F here….

Aimless, I suspect that Guido is trying to find people who have used the Montane jacket to confirm his choice. That's what I did with my Montbell!
Posted by: aimless

Re: Montane Anti-Freeze - Opinions - 01/08/14 03:02 PM

I, too own a piece of Montbell down apparel, but in my case it's the Ex Lite sweater which is designed for somewhat milder temps than 25 degrees. I can say that it is a well-made piece of clothing and was well-priced in comparison to its competition. I am quite happy with it. (Oh, and Montbell sizes run just a tad snug in my experience.)

Unfortunately, I know nothing about the Montane item being inquired about and can say nothing useful in regard to it. frown
Posted by: Guido Soda

Re: Montane Anti-Freeze - Opinions - 01/08/14 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By aimless
If you've narrowed your choices down to one choice, it seems like you have already made your choice. Not sure what kind of help you'd want once you're that far along.

Did I say *any* help was appreciated?!? I meant most help is appreciated... wink

Seriously, just need some input on fit, performance, etc.