Bought Used Gears

Posted by: ETSU Pride

Bought Used Gears - 11/14/13 10:35 AM

One of the owners for company I work for decided get rid of some gears. I ended up taking them off his hand for small fee since I definitely find use for them eventually.

The Tarptent was included as well as an Osprey Atmos 65L in medium size. (it fits me!) Also came with pot and alcohol stove that has been used. A REI sleep pad and a Lafuma 40 degrees down bag was also included. He got rid of it because they seen very little to no use and thought I could make better use of it.

The tent is the only thing that has not been used other than outside of his house. I took it off his hand primarily because I can use these as extra to take beginners backpacking. If the pack fits them, I can outfit them with all the basic without them splurging on rental and buying stuff and may not end up liking the sport. I'm use the Tarptent in couple weeks, but debating on whether I want to test the Osprey out. I'm pretty fond of my Granite Gear. grin
Posted by: jimmyb

Re: Bought Used Gears - 11/14/13 05:21 PM

Might as well try the Osprey out, then you will know. Unless there is something your really not happy with from the start that is a deal breaker.

Let us know how everything works out.

jimmyb
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: Bought Used Gears - 11/14/13 05:56 PM

I was just looking at that pack last night on the web. I really like my Talon 44 and was thinking of getting something bigger.

I'm not sure I need a bigger pack, I just sort of think I do. The one you have would be at the top of my list to buy if I ever decide. Let us know what you think of it if you do test it out.

Tarptents are pretty nice. I'd say you did great getting all that.
Posted by: ETSU Pride

Re: Bought Used Gears - 11/14/13 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By jimmyb
Might as well try the Osprey out, then you will know. Unless there is something your really not happy with from the start that is a deal breaker.

Let us know how everything works out.

jimmyb

I probably end up using the Osprey this trip, because the weather going be pretty darn cold and I might need the extra room for thicker clothes. I rather overpack with warmth than under pack. Not to mention the extra food to stay warm since I'll be gone longer than the last two times I did a trip where the temperature averaged in the low 20s and mid-teens.

Just one more full week of work!!! cool

Posted by: jimmyb

Re: Bought Used Gears - 11/14/13 09:09 PM

Agree, I hate being cold. Much nicer being comfortable at the extra expense of a little more weight. Being cold can distract from the fun factor. frown

Have a safe trip and enjoy, jimmyb