Cascade Designs customer service report!

Posted by: Samoset

Cascade Designs customer service report! - 09/16/13 09:19 PM

A few years ago I received a slightly used MSR Mutha Hubba from a friend!

On my last two trips with wife and kids , I noticed that'd the seam tape on the rain fly had started to fail ;(

This our primary shelter for trips when the entire family is coming IE: Wife, Two kids, Myself and the two dogs!
I usually bring along a big A frame tarp for the pups and hammock for my back and knees l, but as far as our primary shelter the mutha Hubba is the deal breaker!

Anyways the wife and I have decided to take the kids on an early fall camp out for 3-4 days next month.

So I decided to contact cascade designs to se if I could pay them to have the seems retaped .

The C.S.R was very prompt to tell me That they did not offer me any services of retaping or sealing seams ! But asked me if I could send him some pictures of the fly and seems ! So I sent him the pictures above !

A few hours latter I received an email from the C.S.R stating that in fact that they have had issues with the seem tape on this particular silnylon and offered to replace my fly entirely!

Not at all what I was expecting but anytime a company owns up and fixes problems with a product is just grade A in my book cascade designs will continue to get my business for many years to come ! As to there absolute wonderful hassle free and prompt customer service!

On a second note I've delt with them once before when they patched two holes in my full length neoair for a 9cool $20 and the customer service and repairs then where also super easy going!

Two thumbs way up for this kind of customer service!

They have made a customer for life out of me!
Posted by: snapper

Re: Cascade Designs customer service report! - 09/17/13 02:32 PM

Great to hear of your experience. It's always nice to have a company stand behind their products like that. You actually want to do business with them again when you're treated so nicely.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...Be well.

snapper
Posted by: BZH

Re: Cascade Designs customer service report! - 09/17/13 02:37 PM

Thanks!

I have a buddy with an MSR Hubba and I recall the seams looking just like that. I'll have to send him a link to this thread,

Re: Cascade Designs customer service report! - 09/17/13 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By BZH
Thanks!

I have a buddy with an MSR Hubba and I recall the seams looking just like that. I'll have to send him a link to this thread,

Ahh I also have the solo hubba that hasn't been out of its stuff sack for a while < rushing home to pitch a tent

Re: Cascade Designs customer service report! - 10/03/13 09:47 PM

Still two thumbs way up for cascade designs CS!
Revived a new rain fly yesterday ! Not only was the offer to replace superb but the fact that my mutha hubba is back to full function it was quick!

Pictures to come the replacement fly is green and lacks the two side vents in the original fly, but is nice! I played with it a bit and I love me some mutha hubba ! It's a very nice light enough 3 man tent!

Some mutha hubba love - 10/06/13 06:52 PM