H2go lightweight miox type water purifier

Posted by: Samoset

H2go lightweight miox type water purifier - 06/21/13 07:08 PM

I only bring this to you guys attention because I ran a search for it on the forum and didn't find it

Link here

Looks pretty legit, if I had the cash avail at this sec, I might spring for one, from what I could find though looks like a nice peice of kit!
Posted by: Samoset

Re: H2go lightweight miox type water purifier - 06/21/13 09:38 PM

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/NsY2tlxfmFI[/video]

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/XR9O3eSeJGo[/video]

All the YouTube videos I could find on said product
Posted by: Robotmoose

Re: H2go lightweight miox type water purifier - 06/22/13 06:55 AM

I had a MiOx type purifier for a while, it was pretty neat and light, but worked the same as any other chemical treatment, and still made the water taste like a munincipal pool. I wasn't very impressed.

I was also always scared to use it because I could never work out how to purify the water outside my dromedary bags after they'd been filled: the water not in the bladder, but along the mouth and near the opening could cause major contamination problems.
Posted by: BZH

Re: H2go lightweight miox type water purifier - 06/27/13 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By Robotmoose

I was also always scared to use it because I could never work out how to purify the water outside my dromedary bags after they'd been filled: the water not in the bladder, but along the mouth and near the opening could cause major contamination problems.

When you go swimming in a lake, how do you purify the the water the splashes along your mouth and near the other openings? I would use that same technique.

All sarcasm aside, a drop of contaminated water does not render a whole bladder unfit for consumption. The nasties need a critical mass to make you sick. If you are really concerned about it, just unscrew the lid slightly, turn the bladder upside down briefly, and use treated water to clean off the contaminated water.