Hyperlite Mountain Gear

Posted by: HMG

Hyperlite Mountain Gear - 05/07/13 12:00 PM

Hyperlite Mountain Gear designs and manufactures a full line of ultralight Cuben Fiber-based outdoor gear. Whether hiking, backpacking, climbing, packrafting, kayaking or cycling, our mission is to help you lighten your load by offering durable, lightweight products that will help you increase your speed, distance efficiency and overall enjoyment outdoors. We offer backpacks from 1600 cubic inches (26L) to 4400 cubic inches (72L), solo and two-person component tent systems and a full line of accessories. All of our products are hand-crafted in Maine, USA.

We're excited to be a new advertiser on Lite Gear Talk and a participant in all the Backpacking.net forums.

Next week (5/17-19) we'll be at Damascus Trail Days -- we hope to meet a lot of you there and give you the chance to see our gear first hand.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Hyperlite Mountain Gear - 05/07/13 12:57 PM

I've heard a lot of good things about your packs but haven't yet seen one. I hope they make their way to the west coast soon! Welcome to the Lightweight Backpacker!
Posted by: hikerduane

Re: Hyperlite Mountain Gear - 05/07/13 01:22 PM

I'm always amused when these big gatherings are in the "city" for people who want to get outdoors and away from it all.
Welcome, thank you for supporting tlb.
Duane
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Hyperlite Mountain Gear - 05/07/13 01:34 PM

Duane, the gatherings have to be where there's at least some infrastructure to support the attendees! I don't think they'd be allowed out in the middle of a wilderness area! With a population of 813, Damascus, VA is not what I'd consider a big city, and the AT goes right through it. Its western equivalent might be Cascade Locks, OR, which also hosts a trail gathering in late summer and is right on the PCT.
Posted by: hikerduane

Re: Hyperlite Mountain Gear - 05/07/13 03:58 PM

OM, good point. Sounds like our County fair grounds hosting music festivals for thousands of folks in a town of 5,000. Did not know the pop of Damascus.
Duane