FiveFingers Lontra ???

Posted by: Neso

FiveFingers Lontra ??? - 04/17/13 06:20 PM

Is somebody tried the FiveFingers Lontra by Vibram?

What do you think ?

Thx

Edited by moderator to remove live link in case of spam (poster's first post)
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: FiveFingers Lontra ??? - 04/18/13 06:43 AM

No, I haven't tried them. I'm posting this because I see it's your first post, and I don't want you to think we're ignoring you. Welcome to the forums.
Posted by: finallyME

Re: FiveFingers Lontra ??? - 04/18/13 03:17 PM

This spring when I was running in my 5fingers, and my toesies were really cold, I looked at getting those.
Posted by: rockettman

Re: FiveFingers Lontra ??? - 06/24/13 02:16 PM

Neso, I've been backpacking in my Fivefinger KSO's for about three years now. I love them. My only neg sounds silly but...I need to spend more time looking down. Need to watch your step. I'm sure I've missed things. On the plus side they are comfy, no need to carry mole skin and lite. You'll make alot less noise as you move. They survived a very tough 2 week trail less trip up in Newfoundland. The Lontra's may be warmer. If you do get a pair let us know what you think.
Posted by: Wademecum

Re: FiveFingers Lontra ??? - 07/21/13 09:13 AM

I had the same question but meanwhile my question is: is there any indication left to use boots instead of Lontra?
I have been using Fivefingers since they exist and upgraded to KSO Trek and the neoprene version. So I could use them for nearly all dry hikings but not in snow und wet mud. Now with Lontra LS I walk through mud, deep snow, climbing rocks anyway and yesterday I crossed a glacier. In 4 weeks I will cross the Alps (including several mountains >3000m) and intend to dare leaving my boots at home.
Sometimes I meet other barefoot walkers but not that high. Who else does it?
Posted by: rockettman

Re: FiveFingers Lontra ??? - 07/27/13 01:24 PM

Well done! Do you have any ideas for using gaiters. I need knee high and tough fabric. When I come to tuckamore (nasty stuff) I have to switch to shoes to use gaiters for leg protection. I too would love to leave my shoes behind.