New Tarptents

Posted by: OregonMouse

New Tarptents - 03/01/13 01:40 AM

It's always interesting when Henry Shires comes up with new models! Two new ones for 2013:

Moment DW: Now double-wall, with 2 doors and 2 vestibules.

Cloudburst for 3 persons (alternative to the Rainshadow that doesn't require trekking poles). Has door/vestibule at each end and can take an optional third pole in the middle for extra wind/snow resistance. That means you can have a three person tunnel tent.

No prices yet.
Posted by: Franco

Re: New Tarptents - 03/01/13 11:43 PM

Hi OM
Thanks for that.
I thought of posting some pics here and another couple of options that have just been added to the product line up.
here is the CB3 :

and this is the Moment DW :

also new the "fly only" option for the Strato Spire 1 (20oz):

and Strato Spire 2 (25 oz):

Both can take the extra mat inside their inners.
Posted by: ETSU Pride

Re: New Tarptents - 03/02/13 10:18 AM

Cool! Maybe the double wall for the Moment will help with condensation issues that I read about?
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: New Tarptents - 03/02/13 12:26 PM

I would think that the extra ventilation (doors on both sides) would help even more to reduce condensation.
Posted by: Franco

Re: New Tarptents - 03/02/13 05:23 PM

Apart from opening up either or both doors you can just slide those panels up on either or both sides to increase ventilation.
As well as that you can open the ends up so that air flows that way too,
In the previous version there was a mesh panel there that reduced air flow somewhat.
As it was the Moment worked very well for me and most people around my height (5'8") but for the taller ones, particularly when using thick mats, caused problems.
For folk above 6'2" or thereabout I would suggest the Scarp or the StratoSpire 1
Posted by: TRAUMAhead

Re: New Tarptents - 06/21/13 09:59 PM

Any ETA on the partial solid inner for the Moment DW?
Posted by: BradMT

Re: New Tarptents - 06/22/13 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By TRAUMAhead
Any ETA on the partial solid inner for the Moment DW?

Great minds think alike...