attachable lite sleeping bag

Posted by: Keivan

attachable lite sleeping bag - 10/23/12 02:04 AM

Hi everyone,

I have been doing a little bit of research on synthetic sleeping bags for backpacking and hiking in Europe.

I want to buy two warm sleeping bags (around 1 deg C) and light enough (around 1kg, the less the better) which are zippable.

so far I have come across so many different models and in many cases I don't really see if I can buy the same model with right and left zipper.

Was wondering if some body can give me a hint on this.

Thanks

Cheers,
Keivan
Posted by: wandering_daisy

Re: attachable lite sleeping bag - 10/23/12 11:06 AM

Almost all bags come in right and left zips, even if they do not specifically say so. You may however have to special order the right zip bag. It may be difficult to find both right and left zip bags on sale or in stock in most stores.
Posted by: Jim M

Re: attachable lite sleeping bag - 01/13/13 01:00 AM

Down is lighter and warmer than synthetic so you might consider that. They make waterproof down now and they also sell sleeping bags with specialized waterproof-breathable shells. Check our Feathered Friends.
Posted by: TomD

Re: attachable lite sleeping bag - 01/13/13 02:01 AM

The easy way to do this is pick the bag you want, then call the manufacturer. Most have a customer service number on their website. Marmot, for example, has very good customer service.
This might work for you-
http://www.backcountrygear.com/camping-a...rrow-bag-6.html
Posted by: Robb

Re: attachable lite sleeping bag - 02/02/13 04:17 PM

Mountain Hardwear makes a few nice synthetic bags that you might want to look at. I'm not sure about zippers but I'm sure if you were to call them up, as was suggested, they could help you out.