Merrell Mix Master 2- First impressions!

Posted by: Samoset

Merrell Mix Master 2- First impressions! - 10/15/12 08:33 PM

Well I pick'd up a pair of these today!

I got the Same color scheme as image above!

I have been looking for something lite, exteamly breathable , and fairly stylish to replace my wore out trail gloves. I also wanted something with a little more traditional shoe feel.

I loved my trail gloves. But I like being able to wear thick socks when the mercury starts plummeting.

I've only put maybe a mile and half on these shoes walking the dogs. And they are very breathable and comfy.

Im a big fan of merrells and have high hopes for these shoes.

Anyone else wearing these? If not if anyone's interested in them I recommend at least trying them on and walking around the local shoe store for a min. It sold me!

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Mobile/Product.mvc.aspx/N1037218/29430M/69221
Posted by: Barefoot Friar

Re: Merrell Mix Master 2- First impressions! - 10/15/12 09:35 PM

Hey, I like those! I'm going to try a pair out when I buy new shoes. Should be about Christmas or so, I think. I have loved Merrells for years. Thanks for the tip.
Posted by: rockchucker22

Re: Merrell Mix Master 2- First impressions! - 10/15/12 09:36 PM

I do love Merrell's. I have a pair of trail gloves but haven't tried those. I'll take a look next time( I tend to go through 2-3 pairs a year)

Merrell Love! - 10/15/12 10:23 PM

Cheers to the Merrell Love!!!

Re: Merrell Mix Master 2- First impressions! - 10/16/12 07:10 PM

Well I couldn't wait so I took a little imprompt walk/hike after work today! A little over six miles.

98% of it was on a paved golf cart path through the woods! Which makes for a rather nice walk! Lots of people out today!

I wore a pair of worn out patigonia whool socks! And enjoyed the mesh uppers of these shoes all afternoon! When I was done my feet where completely dry. Very nice!

Before I set out I was a bit leary. As today is my Friday and I've had a 40+ hr week and I've been using a new pair of croc bistros to cook and run a kitchen in and my legs back and feet were a little soar already!

Two my surprise my back feet and legs actually feel better! Now! Maybe Its a placebo effect because really needed a walk;)

I can not attest yet two how these shoes will do in scree,on slick wet mossy rocks, Or mudd?

^ALL OF WHICH IS TO COME^

But for now I can say I do enjoy my new Merrells!

Posted by: jbylake

Re: Merrell Mix Master 2- First impressions! - 10/16/12 11:18 PM

They look good, and very comfortable. I can't really use a pair like that, mostly due to the environment(s) that I normally go into. I've wanted to pull the trigger on a pair of (similiar) shoes, several times, but I always keep going back to where I do most of my hiking. I'd have them full of mud and water half the time. Even on some of the well established trail routes around here, in parks and forests, some of the websites that feature them, warn that you'll probably run into mud or water, at some point. So I'm a bit jealous, that I don't live in an area, where I could really benefit from a pair. Off trail, here is like walking through hell. Most places, you can barely see your shoes, and have to really try to focus on balancing between watching your footing, and trying to see ahead to navigate. That and the snakes we have here, although not a common thing, bites do occur, and usuall right above to a couple of inches above the ankle, and when you can't see much below your waist, I have to go with boots, just to be on the safe side. I really envy those of you that can see your trails well, your footing, and can basically use them for the enitre spring/summer/fall season.

Anyway, they do look very comfortable, and that'll definately make your hiking experience much more pleasurable.

Make sure to do a follow up, when you get a chance to put them to use.

I'm sure a lot of people would like to know....

J.

Re: Merrell Mix Master 2- First impressions! - 10/18/12 03:02 PM

@jbylake

In complete disclosure. I knew that a lot of my walking is either on paved roads, paved cart paths, or maintained trails.

Had I been planning on some bushwacking or shlogging threw a swamp. This review would have been on a new pair of boots and possibly some gators to go along with them.
Posted by: Steadman

Re: Merrell Mix Master 2- First impressions! - 10/18/12 10:22 PM

I haven't looked at the specs, and now need a new pair of shoes after triping and shredding my running shoes last weekend. Are they gore tex lined, or just breathable? How well do they do stepping on rock edges when going down a rocky trail?

Re: Merrell Mix Master 2- First impressions! - 10/19/12 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By Steadman
I haven't looked at the specs, and now need a new pair of shoes after triping and shredding my running shoes last weekend. Are they gore tex lined, or just breathable? Howi well do they do stepping on rock edges when going down a rocky trail?

Specs are here!

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Mobile/Product.mvc.aspx/N1037218/29430M/69221

I lived In Virginia and West Va for 20+ years of my life and besides wet slushy snow. You should be good with these. As far as rocks go. Don't do anything reckless and you will be fine.

No goretex just super breathable uppers. YOU CAN FEEL THE WIND BLOW ACROSS YOUR FEET!