Quilt review: Enlightened Equipment Relevation X

Posted by: Cranman

Quilt review: Enlightened Equipment Relevation X - 09/28/12 09:04 PM

I recently purchased a quilt and I am very happy with the purchase so I thought I'd give some feedback and share some pictures.

The quilt is the Relevation X which can be viewed here: Enlightened Equipment

For the record I have no affiliation with EE, I did contact them as well as JRB with some questions, and also looked at the Golite quilts before I decided on the EE quilt.

Anyways, my quilt is the 30F,long/wide version. I believe it was $195 shipped and took about 3 weeks from when I ordered it until it showed up at my door.

The quilt is very well made, I was very impressed with the detail work because as far as I understand things, the guy that runs the EE website, answers questions, etc is also the guy who sews the quilt. The quality is on par with if not better than any factory made piece.

The colors are olive brown outside and orange inside. The weight on my cheap scale, inside a 11 liter compression sack, was 1.4lbs.

If you have any questions please let me know!

PS the quilt would compress alot smaller I just don't want to crush the down.

Posted by: Franco

Re: Quilt review: Enlightened Equipment Relevation X - 09/29/12 06:59 PM

A couple of observations...
If that was mine I would use the red on the outside, much nicer on the mind (for me...)
I also would not use a compression sack at all but a largish light nylon bag , shove that at the bottom of the pack and let the weight of the rest of the gear compress that bag to the available space.
Posted by: BZH

Re: Quilt review: Enlightened Equipment Relevation X - 10/01/12 11:12 AM

I don't think he sews them all himself anymore. I think he works with another local cottage manufacturer for the sewing. He has sold an awful lot of bags since he started offering bags at such a low price.
Posted by: Cranman

Re: Quilt review: Enlightened Equipment Relevation X - 10/01/12 11:46 AM

You are correct about the sewing, my mistake. I think the quilts are a great value and actually fit my sleep style better, I am a restless hot sleeper and the freedom of movement help alot.

I also forgot to mention I got the long version which is 6ft 6in and I am just over 6ft 1, honestly I think another few inches of length would be nice.
Posted by: rockchucker22

Re: Quilt review: Enlightened Equipment Relevation X - 10/01/12 10:42 PM

Thanks for the review, I'm very interested in quilts especially EE!