The Jetboil Sol -- Cooking Report #2

Posted by: Hikin Jim

The Jetboil Sol -- Cooking Report #2 - 03/14/12 12:20 AM

Seems like a lot of people figure that the Jetboil Sol is good for just one thing: Boiling water. Based on my earlier experience (See Cooking Report #1), I was pretty sure the Jetboil Sol could do more.

So, I thought I'd give it a try.

Please join me as a I attempt eggs à la Jetboil in The Jetboil Sol -- Cooking Report #2

HJ
Adventures In Stoving

Posted by: wesarnold

Re: The Jetboil Sol -- Cooking Report #2 - 03/15/12 10:04 PM

Where did you get the little magic metal ring to hold up the pan?

Re: The Jetboil Sol -- Cooking Report #2 - 03/15/12 10:53 PM

The universal pot stand and a set of canister legs come standard with every Jetboil Sol.

They're pretty handy because they allow you to use any pot or pan, not just Jetboil products. The Jetboil is a really flexible system, more flexible than most people realize.

HJ
Posted by: wesarnold

Re: The Jetboil Sol -- Cooking Report #2 - 03/20/12 01:45 PM

Yeah, I don't have the sol. I actually don't know which model I have, I got it second-hand. I have the legs for the fuel cannister, just not the pot holder...hmm...wonder if it's available by itself?

Re: The Jetboil Sol -- Cooking Report #2 - 03/20/12 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By wesarnold
Yeah, I don't have the sol. I actually don't know which model I have, I got it second-hand.
Probably a Flash if it came with the legs. Got a photo?

Originally Posted By wesarnold
I have the legs for the fuel cannister, just not the pot holder...hmm...wonder if it's available by itself?
They sell a package that has the legs and universal pot support together. You could just give the extra set of legs to a friend. The legs work with all canister stoves not just the Jetboil.

HJ