Granite Gear Crown VC 60

Posted by: Kent W

Granite Gear Crown VC 60 - 02/29/12 01:49 PM

I took delivery of my new Granite Gear Crown VC 60. This is the pack that Granite Gear is replacing the Vapur Trail with . Looks to me like they did a nice job. It is lighter than the vapur Trail at 2 LBS 3 OZ. Pack is a top loader roll top with removable frame sheet. This pack weighs about a pound more than My G4, but I think the extra suspension may be worth it. I plan to load it up with 25 pounds in the next day or so. I will do five miles at the local state park. I still think I am pretty light
2LB 3 oz pack
2lb 1oz 20 degree bag in stuff sack
2lb Hyper light hammock with fly snakskins and whoopies
12 oz Gossomer Gear 1/4 evosote pad and when cold out 8 oz diy underliner!
I will post what I think after first hike if anyone is interested in this pack?
Posted by: ETSU Pride

Re: Granite Gear Crown VC 60 - 03/09/12 03:32 PM

My personal take, it looks very similar to the Blaze minus and plus a couple features. Like shorter outside pocket and removable frame sheet. I have the Blaze and I love it. I'm not in the market for a new pack for a long time, (except a day pack)however, I'm curious how it fits and all compare to the Blaze since they're similar. I noticed on the website, there is a slight weight difference and the Blaze went up in price. I only paid $189 for mine...
Posted by: Kent W

Re: Granite Gear Crown VC 60 - 03/18/12 09:17 PM

It is similar and lighter. So far with my test runs I am pleased. Carrys very well. I almost popped on a bLaze last year. I am glad i didnt I think it may be a bit more than I need? Looks to be a great pack though, Frankly, When I wanted a Blaze I could not find one in stock. I found my crown vc and jumped. Now I am glad i did! I will give a better reveiw in 3 weeks on return from the AT.
Posted by: BradMT

Re: Granite Gear Crown VC 60 - 03/18/12 09:47 PM

I'm wondering why the men's is offered in "Regular" and "Long"?

I wish the GG Nimbus Meridian were offered in a Long model... the Regular is far too short for me.

GG makes me scratch my head some times...