Highcountry, Good eVent Shell

Posted by: BcBoy

Highcountry, Good eVent Shell - 03/01/11 01:13 PM

Hey Folks, I am doing a trip to Northern BC to go on a Stone Sheep Photography expedition.

I will be out for 2 weeks at the end of august, where it can +15 or -10, and can rain sideways or snow.

I am looking for a good strong, packable shell,

a few features I need

1) good hood, prefereably storm hood,
2) good color, has to be a natural tone, so Im not too obvious, grey, green, brown etc.
3)I need length in the body, I am 6'3" and 180lbs, so I have a long narrow torso.
4) dont want it to be too light, was looking between 400-700grams.

Here are a few I am thinking about, what do you guys think, or any others you could reccomend

Rab Latok Alpine-Black

Really like this jacket, but the black color is not the best, pretty obvious up there, and doesnt break up body form too well. I like the jacket though, have tried one on, had everything except color.

Rab Latok- Dark Shark

This one is great, A little heavy, and not too many recent reviews on it, and not too sure how long it is

Westcomb Cruiser-Acid or Cinder

This one is good, not my favourite hood, but it would do, just not sure about its length/ fit

Thanks for any help/ new ideas,

Posted by: Joshuatree

Re: Highcountry, Good eVent Shell - 03/01/11 02:01 PM

I would suggest you get the coat that fits you best and then get a packable hunting rain jacket to wear over it while your stalking the sheep. It sounds like you want to get fairly close to get some good photos and Camo breaks up the profle better then a soild colored jacket.

packable camo rain jacket