which brand is more selling in outdoor jackets

Posted by: Outdoor gear

which brand is more selling in outdoor jackets - 04/30/10 02:34 AM

Hi guys can any one tel me that which brand of outdoor jakcts more selling
Posted by: finallyME

Re: which brand is more selling in outdoor jackets - 04/30/10 09:30 AM

Walk around a college or high school campus in a rich neighborhood. Start counting. My guess, TNF.
Posted by: ChrisFol

Re: which brand is more selling in outdoor jackets - 04/30/10 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By Outdoor gear

If you want to open up a store, then shouldn't you be conducting more pro-active research that this. Would you like us to come and run the store for you also?
Posted by: taM

Re: which brand is more selling in outdoor jackets - 04/30/10 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By Outdoor gear

English translation anyone?
Posted by: Glenn

Re: which brand is more selling in outdoor jackets - 04/30/10 09:24 PM

I was also thinking that a remedial spelling, grammer, and punctuation course might be a good idea before the poster starts writing ad copy.

I think the poster is asking "What is the best-selling brand of outdoor jackets?"

That covers a lot of ground: insulated? shell? rain jacket? fleece? hooded? full-length? skiing? climbing? fall? winter? I could go on, but I'm about out of question marks.
Posted by: Jimshaw

Re: which brand is more selling in outdoor jackets - 04/30/10 10:14 PM

I wonder does "best selling" and "best sold" and "the best thats currently selling" or "the most popular without good reason" or maybe "the most popular for good reason" have anything to do with the original question? smile And I agree, a copy writing class is in order.
Jim
Posted by: Glenn

Re: which brand is more selling in outdoor jackets - 05/01/10 09:08 AM

I think it could be any of those things. Of course, asking a bunch of individual users, none of whom (I suspect) are in the outdoor retail business isn't likely to produce much useful information.

My personal answer would be "Patagonia" and "Western Mountaineering," because they are the brands "more sold" to me. Building a store on that response is probably a good way to go broke (I'm an accountant, and I know a train wreck when I see one.)
Posted by: finallyME

Re: which brand is more selling in outdoor jackets - 05/02/10 11:49 AM

Good point Jim and Glenn. It sounds like the OP needs to do a little market research, and define for himself what his intended audience/customer is. Does he want to encompass the majority of the bell curve and stock his store with jackets that sell large numbers for the masses? Or just focus on the small group of light weight backpackers? Or maybe ice climbers? If it is for the masses, North Face and Columbia.