321 French-press style water filter bottle

Posted by: Rick_D

321 French-press style water filter bottle - 04/20/10 03:43 PM

This is a very clever concept. I can't tell from the descriptions whether the carbon block also functions as a bio filter, but I like the idea a lot because it should be much easier to drink from than filter-bottles I've had.

321 Filter bottle

Cheers,
Posted by: OldScout

Re: 321 French-press style water filter bottle - 04/20/10 05:59 PM

And then again there's the fine print:

"By placing your order today (at the special introductory price of $32.10) you join us in making 321 Water a reality. We need this commitment from 10,000 people to start the production process now and deliver your 321 Water bottle by the end of June 2010."

and then:

"We're serious about what we're doing here. Having already successfully brought another product to market, we have strong relationships with trusted suppliers. So we are confident we can do it again. There is always a possibility of course, due to factors beyond our control that the process could take longer than we anticipate. If this happens, we will unfortunately be unable to offer you a refund."
Posted by: Glenn

Re: 321 French-press style water filter bottle - 04/20/10 07:40 PM

So, I wonder if someone will draw the obvious parallel with some product issues a couple of years ago and ask, "Is this company a division of Big Sky?" blush
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: 321 French-press style water filter bottle - 04/20/10 09:08 PM

Sounds suspiciously similar! Sounds like a new (and rather dishonest) way of raising venture capital!
Posted by: aimless

Re: 321 French-press style water filter bottle - 04/20/10 09:38 PM

You won't just be buying a product. You'll be buying one man's dream of someday making a product to sell you!
Posted by: Boomer

Re: 321 French-press style water filter bottle - 04/20/10 11:09 PM

definitly not buying it
Posted by: Trailrunner

Re: 321 French-press style water filter bottle - 04/21/10 01:25 AM

Sure, I'm going to plunk down $44.60 for an unproven, untested product that I may or may not get by the end of June, or maybe not at all. With no refund.

I think I'll pass on this one.
Posted by: sabre11004

Re: 321 French-press style water filter bottle - 04/21/10 10:53 AM

Besides, when I buy something, most of the time I like to have something tangible in my hand, if you know what I mean, rather than something that may never get in your hand...sabre11004...