so I'm making another penny stove...

Posted by: taM

so I'm making another penny stove... - 04/06/10 09:29 PM

because I figured it wouldn't hurt to have a spare lying around. This leads me to the question:

does anyone actually enjoy drinking Heineken?
This seriously might be the only beer I absolutely detest drinking. I've drank the cheapest of the cheap, and some damn tasty expensive craft brews. Lagers, pilsners, ales, stouts, I don't think I've encountered another that I hate even half as much as Heineken.

Am I the only one who harbors this sentiment? Do people actually enjoy this stuff?

discuss...
Posted by: inghamb87

Re: so I'm making another penny stove... - 04/07/10 02:18 AM

Quote:
does anyone actually enjoy drinking Heineken?

Yes. Don't hit me
Posted by: Pat-trick

Re: so I'm making another penny stove... - 04/07/10 05:07 AM

a good beer, especially when poured into an iced glass. the only beer i drink. i like pilsners, but heineken is available everywhere, while pilsners are not. pilsners are great beer.
Posted by: farmerdan

Re: so I'm making another penny stove... - 04/07/10 07:53 AM

Hi, I am new here and thought a beer comment would be a good way to start off. So here goes.

I do not enjoy Heineken, in fact if there is any other beer on offer I will choose that. If all else fails ill have a Coke. Being Australian this attitude is tantamount to heresy but I am willing to risk it to avoid the drink.

Thanks, it feels good to share.
Posted by: phat

Re: so I'm making another penny stove... - 04/07/10 09:11 AM

Henieken would not be my first choice, I drink it when it's the only thing available other than mass-market american beer (such as at conferences in the states) or when I'm making stoves.
Posted by: finallyME

Re: so I'm making another penny stove... - 04/07/10 09:23 AM

I don't drink it, just pour it down the drain, then wash the can out with soup to get rid of the rank smell, all the while trying not to gag on the odors from the freshly open can.
Posted by: Redfacery

Re: so I'm making another penny stove... - 04/07/10 09:41 AM

I do not enjoy or hate them in particular. However, the Heineken Dark Lager is pretty tasty. Not that that helps since I've only gotten it in the bottle.
Posted by: Spock

Re: so I'm making another penny stove... - 04/07/10 10:10 AM

Heinie is the Best!!!... for killing slugs. You know, put small cups or saucers of beer, buried level with the ground. The slugs die happy.
Posted by: 300winmag

Re: so I'm making another penny stove... - 04/07/10 03:38 PM

For me, a micro brew fan, Heiniken is barely OK but it beats the hell out of most "standard" American beers like Bud, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors & Coors Light, etc.

Bud MUST be served very cold so you can't taste it or smell it. The horses that make Bud all have kidney problems anyway - or so it tastes.

Eric
Posted by: ChrisFol

Re: so I'm making another penny stove... - 04/07/10 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By 300winmag
For me, a micro brew fan, Heiniken is barely OK but it beats the hell out of most "standard" American beers like Bud, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors & Coors Light, etc.

Eric

+1

I am another craft brew drinker and some of the staples in my fridge are Stone IPA, Great Divide IPA and Dogfishhead 60 minute.

As for Heini-- it is barely drinkable IMO, if I am going to drink over-carbonated yellow water then it will be PBR of the $1 a pint variety. It isn't worth a cent more.
Posted by: OldScout

Re: so I'm making another penny stove... - 04/07/10 06:16 PM

Hey, don't forget the other "fine" beers, Pabst Blue Ribbon and Brown Derby. Aaahhhhhh, summers in college playing three on three softball at the local ballpark drinking the cheapest beer we could get our nondiscriminating hands on.
Posted by: Tango61

Re: so I'm making another penny stove... - 04/07/10 06:34 PM

Ohhhhhh mannnnn!

Use it to make beer can chicken. Really makes the meat tender and tasty and no alcohol taste (at least that I can tell).

Of course, Dr. Pepper is my favorite for BCC.
Posted by: Redfacery

Re: so I'm making another penny stove... - 04/07/10 11:08 PM

Summer to do list just got another item - Beer Can Chicken is several of my favorite things united in a way I never expected.
Posted by: finallyME

Re: so I'm making another penny stove... - 04/08/10 10:03 AM

Originally Posted By Tango61
Ohhhhhh mannnnn!

Use it to make beer can chicken. Really makes the meat tender and tasty and no alcohol taste (at least that I can tell).

Of course, Dr. Pepper is my favorite for BCC.

I can't stand the taste of cola either. When I do BCC, I use a high citrus soda.
Posted by: Exploriment

Re: so I'm making another penny stove... - 07/27/10 12:50 PM

As an Amsterdammer, it’s probably sacrilegious of me to say this, but Heineken is crappy beer. It’s beer for that Octoberfestish, sit around at tables in a big room and drink copious amounts of swill, singing stupid drinking songs for hours, till you’re totally hammered.

I bought a six pack and gave it to a friend who likes it to drink with the instructions to save me the cans.
Posted by: GDeadphans

Re: so I'm making another penny stove... - 07/27/10 08:31 PM

I too am a local brewery type person. When I travel I always get beer from the area. I think one of my favorite has been from the Arkansas area, Fat Tire. DELICIOUS! Then I got to say Magic Hat, Yeungling, St. Andrews local brewery up here. gotta agree with ya Chris Fol. Dog Fish is good stuff.

I say no to American staple beer. (I think that should be a sticker lol).

Disgusting stuff.

PBR is great, cheap, tastes alright for the price. I buy that when I am in a pinch.

Heineken is okay. In fact I just bought those pounder cans, but not because it was my choice, but because I want to make a penny stove with a simmer ring smile