Montbell Alpine Light Jacket Report

Posted by: thecook

Montbell Alpine Light Jacket Report - 02/12/10 01:15 PM

I got out for three days in the Boundary Waters this last week-end and gave my new Alpine Light jacket its first real test. Man is it warm! Standing around in the teens and upper single digits, I had to keep it partially unzipped to stay cool enough. The rest of my clothing included a turtle fur balaclava, omni wool long underwear top and bottoms, poly zip-t shirt, poly pants, wool socks, mukluks, and liner gloves. Love this jacket. Very light, very warm, and fits well.
Posted by: aimless

Re: Montbell Alpine Light Jacket Report - 02/12/10 01:44 PM

I've been drooling over their stuff. However, the Montbell web site has been down for over two weeks now. At first you got a message saying it was down for routine maintenance. Now the message says it is temporarily unavailable. Some poor IT guy must have really hosed it but good. Half a month is an eternity online.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Montbell Alpine Light Jacket Report - 02/12/10 03:45 PM

According to a thread on the Backpacking Light forum, the original message on the Montbell website (in Japanese only) said the website had been hacked and they wanted to make absolutely sure no customers' privacy had been jeopardized. Since I ordered an item from them in October, I'm definitely interested!
Posted by: BrianLe

Re: Montbell Alpine Light Jacket Report - 02/12/10 04:35 PM

I'm not sure why you would care that the montbell site is down? You can buy elsewhere; I think I got mine at OMC, but I'm sure prolitegear.com and others sell them. You can get reviews elsewhere, such as backpackgeartest.org, so ...

I'm looking forward to using mine (Alpine Light, I got the Parka version) starting at the end of this month.
Posted by: aimless

Re: Montbell Alpine Light Jacket Report - 02/12/10 10:38 PM

I'm not sure why you would care that the montbell site is down?

THey had some attractive items listed at "web special" prices that I have not seen replicated by their resellers.