Flosscard...?

Posted by: Wolfeye

Flosscard...? - 10/27/09 12:25 AM

I came across these when reading about a commercial survival kit's contents: http://www.flosscard.com/
Has anybody tried them? I'm curious if they shred too easily. I've tried packing small size floss containers and I've tried packing loose floss, but haven't been too happy with either method.
Posted by: Dryer

Re: Flosscard...? - 10/27/09 08:01 AM

That's interesting....11 meters of floss crammed in the cards.
My wife is a dental hygienist, gets tons of samples, but didn't like the floss in the floss cards. (i don't know why) Floss is one of my personal "essentials"....you can sew with it, guy/repair fabric, fish with it, even use it on your teeth! grin I usually break the sample containers open and carry only the spool. The sample spools are only about 3/4's of an inch wide and weigh practically nothing.
Posted by: jasonklass

Re: Flosscard...? - 10/27/09 07:04 PM

The packaging probably weighs more than the floss itself. I can't really see a point to the card. Why not just carry a length of floss in your first aid kit or something without the card?
Posted by: Wolfeye

Re: Flosscard...? - 10/27/09 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By Dryer
I usually break the sample containers open and carry only the spool.

I think I'll try that. Whenever I carry floss loose in my toothbrush ziplock, I can't shake the feeling that it's somehow turned into garbage. The feeling goes away when things look organized. :\

The flosscards are pretty cheap, though. One might find its way into my lil' survival kit.