Getting online business to move on price

Posted by: hikerduane

Getting online business to move on price - 01/03/09 12:25 AM

I am still wanting to replace my Golite pack with another Golite, but the model I am considering is being upgraded and is deeply discounted most places to make room for the 09 model, but they are also out of the size and color I would like at those same places now. Since I am not sure I should even spend the money, I have been putting it off, so I have saved my money so far. One of the businesses that has a link thru this site has what I want, but in being honest with them, they won't match the price since they have the color and size I want, but they are $40 higher. I even provided links to two other dealers. Do you have any ploys or suggestions to get them to move on their price, if I ever make up my mind? Any other experiences elsewhere, or look for a different pack? They show what stock they have and I haven't seen them move a single pack in the model I want in almost two weeks.
Posted by: aimless

Re: Getting online business to move on price - 01/04/09 12:27 AM

First, make sure the person you approach has the authority to make the discount you seek, otherwise you are wasting your time.

If they indicate they do have the authority to give discounts, tell that person what you've said in this post - especially that from what you can see on their website, they haven't sold a unit in the past two weeks. When you ask, ask what sort of a discount the person you are talking to is willing to give you.

You may be offered a discount that is less than the full amount you want, but this approach is also more likely to get you something compared to an approach that makes you sound like you think you are entitled to whatever you ask for. After all, they do have what you want and the other stores don't. That is worth something, right?

If you don't like the sound of what they offer, you can take your business elsewhere - except you haven't yet discovered where "elsewhere" might be, yet, and they know it.
Posted by: hikerduane

Re: Getting online business to move on price - 01/05/09 08:55 AM

I've looked high and low, they seem to be all gone elsewhere, they are sitting on a product that is being updated in a few months. I have seen them at two places now, both are still at full retail. I'm not in a hurry, just antsy with the cold weather and not much to do with all the snow.