The Fire Bucket Stove System

Posted by: Jim_Wood

The Fire Bucket Stove System - 11/21/08 08:28 AM

You may be interested in a new article that introduces a high-performance windscreen for alcohol stoves that can also serve as an efficient, stand-alone stove for burning wood and solid-fuel tablets. In its lightest implementations, it weighs only about two ounces. The Fire Bucket can be constructed from a variety of easily-obtained, inexpensive materials in either collapsible or permanently assembled models using simple tools.

It can be coupled with almost any alcohol stove, but it works particularly well with the Super Cat, about which a major update to the original 2005 article has been concurrently published.

When used together, the Fire Bucket and Super Cat form an integrated, lightweight stove system that's easy to build and fun to operate.

You can find the new Fire Bucket article here.

Posted by: Pika

Re: The Fire Bucket Stove System - 11/22/08 05:09 AM

Jim, thanks for both your stove and wind screen posts. I am heading to the nearest Lowes today to get the stuff for the wind screen; I already have a few empty cat food tins. My old CAT stove needs to be replaced; and now improved. Something to do this weekend rather than watching football.